Fabby Followers

Monday 28 September 2015

Under The Sea


The seaweed is always greener
In somebody else's lake
You dream about going up there
But that is a big mistake
Just look at the world around you
Right here on the ocean floor
Such wonderful things surround you
What more is you lookin' for?

Under the sea
Under the sea



I have had this idea in mind for some time , but it was actually thinking would it really work after some ermmmming and arggghiiing yesterday I decided to go for it
The fish tank and little lighthouse were cut on my portrait. The lighthouse was the most fiddliest ever to put together standing at just 4inches tall from base to top of flag!! but its awww so cute, and well worth the effort.


 The Fish tank stands at approx 6x8 inches depth 4 inches - I wish in hindsight I would have made it slightly bigger so I could cram in a few more bits. I covered the front in acetate to make a little more realistic as a tank.


The mermaid and all the little animals , boat and treasure chest are all from the Bonbon Belle  Collection all pre- coloured .  Although you can buy the mermaid Dairy as a digi on her own here, Isnt she just so preety !!

The mermaid and treasure chest  are attached with foam pads to give some depth - Whereas the fish etc are attached to thin strips of acetate. Love those little sea-horses and spot that Octopus just love him we need to call him Oliver.


 I used some lovely shells I do love shells, These I picked up in Hobbycraft many moons ago there just soooooo pretty I got a huge net of them.
I then punched some green card with a midi leaf punch its only 1.6cm so I doubled them up glueing together, Not sure if I got the right idea but there meant to represent seaweed . 

Sooooo that was Sunday afternoons play (the bubbles were added after to give effect) - Hope you like it 
Check back tomorrow for my favourite Christmas make ever xx

I would like to enter this into
The Craft Barn - Ocean
Crafty Friends Challenge - Pick a tune - under the sea
Crafting with Friends - ATG
Fussy and Fancy - Fantasy

9 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OMG, WOW! what a beautiful project.

Chrissy said...

Fantastic Jan..stunning.

luv CHRISSYxx

What I Created Next said...

Absolutely awesome !!!!!

Tanya said...

Wow. Just wow. This is such an amazing creation! So many wonderful details, just so creative! I also love The Little Mermaid, Sebastian is just great :)

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog this week, and I hope to see you back again soon :)

Tanya xx

buterfliecrafter said...

nice to see a 3D project.

Lou Sims said...

Another wonderful, unique project. I want to spend a day wondering around your mind, snaffling all these wonderful ideas x

Jane said...

Oh this is amazing, thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
Jane x

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Wow, what an amazing creation, Thanks for sharing it with us over at Crafty Friends, we hope to see you again for our next challenge
Julie x
My blog
Lacy Sunshine DT member
Crafty Friends DT member
Pennys Challenges Owner & DT member
Brown Sugar Challenges Admin member

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "pick a tune” challenge over at Crafty Friends & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Come and Get It)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT Tuesday Throwdown)

Dolly Dimples Decoupage - Part 11

  Hi and welcome back to my blog, I am still in Christmas crafting mode, and will be for the next couple of weeks Now who doesn't love o...